This is a nice winter go-to recipe. This meal is hearty, filling and does not break the bank.
Serves 2-3 people
- 1 can chickpeas
- ½ Large Red Onion
- 1 Large Aubergine
- 5 Maris Piper Potatoes
- Handful Coriander
- 2 Spring Onions
- 3-4Maris Piper Potatoes
- 2 tablespoon Vegan Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Vegan butter
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Harissa paste
- Generous grind of Black Pepper
- Splash of your favourite Vegan Milk
- Basil or Coriander for garnishing
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping Board
- 2 Oven Trays
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Potato Masher
Making the Harissa Aubergine and Chickpeas with Creamy Mash.
- Wash and Dry Aubergine, slice into 1cm thick slices
- Add a large splash of Olive Oil and 2 tablespoons of Harissa paste to a mixing bowl, add the aubergine making sure slices have fully covered both sides generously before place on an oven tray
- Drain and Rinse the can of Chickpeas and chop the Red Onion into thin slices, add both to the same bowl the aubergine was just in
- Add 1 tablespoon of Harissa Paste and a splash of Olive Oil and mix well until everything is coated with the paste
- Empty the contents of the bowl to the oven tray and spread out evenly
- Add both trays to the oven on Gas Mark 6 and leave to cook for 20 minutes
- Peel Potatoes and cut into halves and put on a medium to high heat and bring to the boil
- Once potatoes are cooked, drain the water and mash
- Add the Vegan Butter, Mayo, your favourite vegan milk and Cracked Black Pepper, continue to mash until you reach a creamy consistency
- Plate up your mash potato
- Take out the Chickpeas and Aubergine and plate up arranging on top of the mash
- Take your scissors and chop some spring onion and a generous helping of Coriander/Basil on top and ENJOY!
We hope you enjoy the Harissa Aubergine and Chickpeas with Creamy Mash and be sure to check out our other Vegan recipes here full of Plant-based goodness.
We source our ingredients from our local fruit and veg shop 80% of the time, however, sometime our local supermarket might get a look in. However, we are strong believers in supporting small businesses for long-term sustainability.